PDA

View Full Version : Linux software for Iriver B20 4GB Multimedia Player?

sddmack
25th November 2007, 03:34 AM
I returned my new 8gb Nano (3rd gen) due to the hash protection and purchased a new Iriver B20 MP3 & TV Multimedia player.

The problem is that Rockbox has not released a build for this model and WINE is unable to run the Iriver interface software. I think this model might have only been released here in Korea so that might explain the lack of results when I google for a compatible linux software program.

My current fix is to just copy & paste my mp3s to the music folder on the player and just play the individual files under the Extras > Other Files menu. The problem is I can't organize the songs or play by genre, artist, etc.

Has anyone been able to install a non-specific version of Rockbox and use their player?

Thanks

fozner
25th November 2007, 03:09 PM
I got to play with one of these. It seemed like the folders were organized into folders, nested for each, artist and inside the artist folder are folders for each album title, nothing fancy and the names don't matter. Unfortunately, this player did not work, there were I/O errors trying to access the drive (from windows and linux) and the player buttons and menu did not work so I had to tell them to take it back to the store.

sideways
25th November 2007, 03:19 PM
I use amarok with my iriver H320