PDA

View Full Version : Problems met when compile Xgl in Fedora8

starfancy
24th November 2007, 12:19 PM
Hi guys. I have problems when compiling Xgl in FC8 following the instructions from xorg. The last step of compiling xserver(Xgl) fails and gives the output

xglglxext.c:4847: error: 'struct _glapi_table' has no member named 'AreTexturesResidentEXT'
xglglxext.c:4849: error: 'struct _glapi_table' has no member named 'GenTexturesEXT'
xglglxext.c:4850: error: 'struct _glapi_table' has no member named 'IsTextureEXT'

I find the definition of stuct _glapi_table in glapitable.h and it shows neither property named as *EXT in this struct. Any idea about the solution?

By the way unfortunately I have a video card HD2600 from AMD and its driver really drives me mad these days. :mad: I decide to compile Xgl just because I tried everything ( to reconfigure the xorg.conf, to downgrade the xorg, to try newest fglrx 7.11, to install compiz. of different version..) to make compiz work on my machine But all of them turned to fail. I even compile and install a free radeonhd driver from xorg and it give me a black screen when startx. .Everything works fine except compiz.

Any Suggestion? :)

leigh123linux
24th November 2007, 01:21 PM
How did you fulfill the libxkbui and mesa 6.5 dependency?
Are you rebuilding a srpm ?
Also the mesa-source package is completely different in F8 !!

starfancy
24th November 2007, 02:18 PM
xkbui can be gained from freedesktop.org, although out of maintenance. I rebuild and instaledl it, so the pkgconfig dependency can be met.

I have also checked the mesa-source provided by fedora. At least those *EXTs could not be found in it either. That mesa static lib can be built without any error with the source from freedesktop.org. But the building of xgl fails.

I wonder if an different version of mesa-source is needed..But it seems it is not like that we can use Xgl in F8 easily. Maybe the only way is to wait for AMD 's driver that works correctly......That will be a long time to wait.... :mad:

How did you fulfill the libxkbui dependency ?
Are you rebuilding a srpm ?
Also the mesa-source package is completely different in F8 !!

leigh123linux
24th November 2007, 03:46 PM
xkbui can be gained from freedesktop.org, although out of maintenance. I rebuild and instaledl it, so the pkgconfig dependency can be met.

I have also checked the mesa-source provided by fedora. At least those *EXTs could not be found in it either. That mesa static lib can be built without any error with the source from freedesktop.org. But the building of xgl fails.

I wonder if an different version of mesa-source is needed..But it seems it is not like that we can use Xgl in F8 easily. Maybe the only way is to wait for AMD 's driver that works correctly......That will be a long time to wait.... :mad:

You need mesa 6.5 to build XGL

Build Xgl and compiz from source

prerequisites: Mesa 6.5(CVS HEAD), cairo glitz(CVS HEAD), gnome control-center 2.14 (for compiz gnome-window-decorator) misc GNU Development Tools (automake autoheader autoconfig etc), intltool, libstartup-notification-1.0 (OpenSuSE packages this in startup-notification-devel-0.8.39) and more?... (please add)

Some suggested configure options for building xgl and glitz can be found here, that may prove useful. The above suggestions and general instructions are included here as well with some extra information for your convenience.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Xgl

starfancy
25th November 2007, 06:21 PM
Ok, thanks. I will try. :)