PDA

View Full Version : No firstboot/wizard in F8?

Perty
9th November 2007, 08:57 AM
I installed Fedora 8 yesterday night and in the earlier versions (fc6-7) I think there was a wizard where you could add more users, some settings for the firewall and the SELinux.

After I rebooted after the (clean) install I didn't get any wizard.

So my question is, is it supoused to be a wizard after the first reboot? And if it should be is why didn't it show up? Is there any log I could look in?

Update: After looking at http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f8/en_US/ch-firstboot.html the installation guide there is a "Setup Agent", so my question changes to why it didn't run?

Is it the service firstboot which should run this agent?

/Regards Perty

maladeus
10th November 2007, 04:51 PM
Same problem here, installed from a Live cd. Another problem on the live cd is the lack of an install icon on the desktop. I had this same problem with F7 at it went away by logging out an logging in again (note that I changed system language on the gdm).

About the firstboot i'm reinstalling right now and if it doesn't work i'll just logging as root a create the users manually. It is a pity though.

xeonman9000
10th November 2007, 08:15 PM
The same thing happened to me when I couldn't access the internet. As soon as my ISP was back online, I booted up again and firstboot ran fine.

Perty
11th November 2007, 10:46 AM
About the firstboot i'm reinstalling right now and if it doesn't work i'll just logging as root a create the users manually. It is a pity though.

Tried reinstalling but it didn't work :-(

I added the users and fixed the firewall and SE linux as root. But is it more things that firstboot does in the background you shouldfix up?

/Perty