PDA

View Full Version : FC 8 Install Prob (can't find packages on dvd)

fedorahobo123
8th November 2007, 11:57 PM
Hello. Just downloaded FC8 64 bit DVD iso and tried to install, but ran into a weird problem.

I get the screen asking if I want to install, test mem etc and I choose install. Graphical mode fails and it sends me to text mode, which is no biggie.

However, once I choose, what language and keyboard, it asks "What type of media contains the packages to be installed?" It's on a local DVD and I choose local cd/dvd option and it can't find the packages. The message I get is "Fedora disc was not found in any cdrom drive."

I tried burning it to a dvd twice now and verified the data that was written. If I open the iso, the packages and data are there.

Any suggestions? Never run into this before. Been using RH since RH 7. Thanks.

System specs: dual core 2ghz opteron 64 bit processors, nvidia quadro 4500 pci express vid card, 2 gig dual channel ram, 2 21" viewsonic lcds native resolution of 1600x1200, 1 dvd/cd drive.

chlorinekid
9th November 2007, 12:02 AM
do you have two drives? have you tried booting into the install using the other drive?

*sorry, just noticed the one drive thing :/*

brr872002
9th November 2007, 06:43 AM
Hello. Just downloaded FC8 64 bit DVD iso and tried to install, but ran into a weird problem.

I get the screen asking if I want to install, test mem etc and I choose install. Graphical mode fails and it sends me to text mode, which is no biggie.

However, once I choose, what language and keyboard, it asks "What type of media contains the packages to be installed?" It's on a local DVD and I choose local cd/dvd option and it can't find the packages. The message I get is "Fedora disc was not found in any cdrom drive."

I tried burning it to a dvd twice now and verified the data that was written. If I open the iso, the packages and data are there.

Any suggestions? Never run into this before. Been using RH since RH 7. Thanks.

System specs: dual core 2ghz opteron 64 bit processors, nvidia quadro 4500 pci express vid card, 2 gig dual channel ram, 2 21" viewsonic lcds native resolution of 1600x1200, 1 dvd/cd drive.

This is old bug in case of some brands of DVDROM Plz. burn /images/boot.iso to CD , copy DVD.iso to Fat32 or ext2 choose HD install