PDA

View Full Version : F7 - F8 Upgrade

ShareDora
7th November 2007, 04:03 PM
I'm planning on doing a net install upgrade to F8 from F7 when it's released. I'm a bit concerned about the repositories I'm using as I've added quite a few packages to my system. I'm using rpm.livna.org and freshrpms.net as well as a local backup repository. I also have Adobe's smaller repository enabled. Should I be concerned about running into any major issues? Or has my uncontrollable bubbling excitement evolved into unnecessary paranoia?

cgrim
7th November 2007, 04:13 PM
I use livna and freshrpms and there were no problems with it. I had problem with avahi and expat packages.

Before upgrade clean all problems and duplicity using utility package-cleanup:
package-cleanup --problems
package-cleanup --cleandupes

ShareDora
7th November 2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the response. Do you know if "package-cleanup --problems" stops at the first problem found or does it list everything at once? It found one dependency problem that I'm aware of but not too concerned about since it's a custom non-critical application I was messing around with.

cgrim
7th November 2007, 04:52 PM
I had only one problem and one duplicity so I have no info from my own experience ... and man pages don't tell us any further info :(

You cant resolve the dependency problem to see what else it can find?

RahulSundaram
8th November 2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the response. Do you know if "package-cleanup --problems" stops at the first problem found or does it list everything at once? It found one dependency problem that I'm aware of but not too concerned about since it's a custom non-critical application I was messing around with.

It lists all the problems it can find.