PDA

View Full Version : Cinelerra wont start

adam24367
31st October 2007, 09:22 PM
Hey im new to linux. im the kind of guy who likes simple instructions and uses the graphical installer....for everything :p . But i have sucessfully installed Cinelerra on Fedora 7 on my powerPC. But the thing is i always get this error when I start it up

cinelerra: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0xf7e0b60c for symbol `free' out of range

Now I want to know HOW TO FIX IT. I dont want all this complicated stuff i just want to know the steps to fix it.
Thanks

adam24367
2nd November 2007, 02:56 PM
Is anyone going to help me?

adam24367
4th November 2007, 08:12 PM
why wont anyone help me?

adam24367
5th November 2007, 08:40 PM
:( please someone respond

leadgolem
5th November 2007, 08:58 PM
why wont anyone help me?A. Cinelerra isn't that common of an application in Fedora.
B. You were shouting.
C. Your post came across as if you felt you were entitled to a resolution. This is a community and no one is obligated to assist you in any way.
D. You implied you were unwilling to learn anything about the problem, or do any sort of diagnostics.
E. The information you provided was insufficient to diagnose the problem.

Now, how did you install cinelerra? What Fedora version are you using? Where did you get the h.264 binary?

And finally, what are you trying to accomplish? There may be a tool that is easier to install/use that will accomplish the same thing.

adam24367
5th November 2007, 09:52 PM
A. Cinelerra isn't that common of an application in Fedora.
B. You were shouting.
C. Your post came across as if you felt you were entitled to a resolution. This is a community and no one is obligated to assist you in any way.
D. You implied you were unwilling to learn anything about the problem, or do any sort of diagnostics.
E. The information you provided was insufficient to diagnose the problem.

Now, how did you install cinelerra? What Fedora version are you using? Where did you get the h.264 binary?

And finally, what are you trying to accomplish? There may be a tool that is easier to install/use that will accomplish the same thing.

How is there insufficient info. I just showed you the problem. apparently its is somthing about the library not being compiled with PIC. I want to edit videos. Im using fedora 7 and using the fedora 6 ppc build of cinelerra. THe error is not just a Cinelerra specific error. Ive searched everywhere for a solution and i have not found one :( The reason i didnt want to learn anything about hte problem is because im a noob at linux and probably wouldnt be able to understand it. It would be nice if someone could make it simple but in linux i have found out that it is hard to make things simple :(

leadgolem
5th November 2007, 11:14 PM
I would suggest you try avidemux. First you will need a third party repository, if you haven't already installed it.
su
rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-7.rpmNote: Do not install the above if you are using atrpms, freshrpms, dries, or rpmforge. They conflict and could bork your Fedora install. Then you can install avidemux.
yum install avidemuxYou can also install via pirut, which should be under applications/system tools/add/remove software.

If you wish to pursue cinelerra I need to know where you got the cinelerra FC6 ppc build. It may be possible to resolve the issue using different compilation options. Or, just by compiling cinelerra for the current libraries.

The binary you have points to a version of Fedora which doesn't exist at all anymore. The ppc features were incorporated into a standard Fedora distro, but not in an identical fashion to the original ppc version.

adam24367
6th November 2007, 01:52 AM
I would suggest you try avidemux. First you will need a third party repository, if you haven't already installed it.
su
rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-7.rpmNote: Do not install the above if you are using atrpms, freshrpms, dries, or rpmforge. They conflict and could bork your Fedora install. Then you can install avidemux.
yum install avidemuxYou can also install via pirut, which should be under applications/system tools/add/remove software.

If you wish to pursue cinelerra I need to know where you got the cinelerra FC6 ppc build. It may be possible to resolve the issue using different compilation options. Or, just by compiling cinelerra for the current libraries.

The binary you have points to a version of Fedora which doesn't exist at all anymore. The ppc features were incorporated into a standard Fedora distro, but not in an identical fashion to the original ppc version.

I tried avidemux but it didnt suit my needs i want video editing with a timeline at the bottom
here is where i got cinelerra
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/6/cinelerra/
I was thinking since i got libavcodec as a single file from ATrpms i might want to get it somewhere else

leadgolem
6th November 2007, 02:41 AM
That might be wise. Atrpms is the repo that has caused me the most problems. I'm working on the cinellera rpm at the moment. I should be able to tell you if installing cinellera on fedora 7 is reasonable in a moment. then have instructions if it is.:)

leadgolem
6th November 2007, 03:12 AM
Ok, well here's one way to do it.
su
rpm -ivh http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/7/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1.1-1.fc.noarch.rpm
yum install cinelerraBe advised, using freshrpms makes it extremely unwise to use livna or dribble repositories. Make sure you remove anything you downloaded from atrpms before running that.

Edit: There is a project call rpmfusion (http://rpmfusion.org/) to alleviate these kinds of problems, however, it's not currently online.

leadgolem
6th November 2007, 07:18 AM
I thought this was an interesting enough problem I'd put some actual work into it. I created a cinellera 64bit rpm that will install and run with the packages from livna only. Here's that package. (http://dodownload.filefront.com/8975865//bedc2f15047f7566f8868a8489bb930be558ac0cf5186bd4d6 cded1f8421156e05c40bcb478f4fec) I also created a .src.rpm that should compile with only livna packages. Here's that .src.rpm (http://dodownload.filefront.com/8975866//bedc2f15047f7566f8868a8489bb930be558ac0cf5186bd4d6 cded1f8421156e05c40bcb478f4fec). Please note that file planet truncated both of the filenames. If you are rebuilding the .src.rpm, like you will have to if you have a 32bit install, then follow the directions below.

1. Download source rpm. (http://dodownload.filefront.com/8975866//bedc2f15047f7566f8868a8489bb930be558ac0cf5186bd4d6 cded1f8421156e05c40bcb478f4fec)
2. Open a terminal.
3. cd to the folder where you downloaded the source rpm. Typically your desktop. IE
cd Desktop
4. Get root permissions.
su

If you don't have it install the livna repository.
rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-7.rpm
5. Install the build deps.
yum install mesa-libGL-devel mesa-libGLU-devel libogg-devel libvorbis-devel libtheora-devel x264-devel libavc1394-devel libiec61883-devel libraw1394-devel faad2-devel OpenEXR-devel libsndfile-devel lame-devel a52dec-devel fftw3-devel e2fsprogs-devel mjpegtools-devel gettext-devel esound-devel alsa-lib-devel mjpegtools-devel nasm libtool freetype-devel faac-devel libjpeg-devel libpng-devel libtiff-devel libdv-devel ffmpeg-devel gcc-c++ libquicktime-devel
6. Rebuild the rpm.
rpmbuild --rebuild cinelerra-2.1r1038-1.fc7.c.rpm
7. Wait, you should be seeing a great deal of text in your terminal window. That is normal.
8. When it is all done you should have something like this near the end of you terminal output.
Wrote: /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64/cinelerra-2.1r1038-1.fc7.x86_64.rpm
Wrote: /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64/cinelerra-debuginfo-2.1r1038-1.fc7.x86_64.rpm

9. Highlight everything on the line after your first wrote line, right click, copy.
10. Then enter the following code and paste after it.
yum --nogpgcheck localinstall
yum localinstall --nogpgcheck /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64/cinelerra-2.1r1038-1.fc7.x86_64.rpm
You should now have a working cinelerra install from livna packages only.

If you have a x86_64 system, download the binary package, cd to the folder you downloaded it into, get root permission, and use the yum --nogpgcheck localinstall line to install.
cd Desktop
su
yum --nogpgcheck localinstall cinelerra-2.1r1038-1.fc7.4.rpm

Please note that the rpm .spec file is rather messy. It worked correctly on my Fedora 7 x86_64 system, and should work correctly on Fedora 7 i386 or higher. I also did not do any extensive testing of the app. It opens, and the menu item shows up. It does launch with an error, but that can be resolved by following the instructions from cinelerra.

adam24367
8th November 2007, 08:47 PM
umm im using a ppc computer lol

leadgolem
9th November 2007, 12:37 AM
Then follow the rebuild instructions. Or install freshrpms and install from there repo.

Sorry about my above comment about ppc not existing anymore. I was thinking of the smp kernel/packages.:)