PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing screen

StevenMedley
31st October 2007, 05:59 AM
I ended up reinstalling fedora because my screen started bouncing, it used not do this and even after re-installing it still bounces, ive checked my monitors settings and it says "cannot reset" but i can change its settings manually but they all look normal. It never bounced before, it doesnt bounce on windows xp mce either.since reinstalling note that my xorg is back to default with the exception that i added Option "HWCursor" "false" to it.

LostSon
1st November 2007, 04:37 PM
What kind of graphic card are you running ? if any ? Have you updated lately could it be a driver issue or a newer kernel issue ? I know here when someone turns the light on in the bathroom mine shake a bit but that is bad house wiring. It seems weird it would just start though.

Dan
1st November 2007, 06:45 PM
Hi Steven.

Just a hunch, but this may be related. http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=170592

Dan

StevenMedley
9th November 2007, 08:31 PM
What kind of graphic card are you running ? if any ? Have you updated lately could it be a driver issue or a newer kernel issue ? I know here when someone turns the light on in the bathroom mine shake a bit but that is bad house wiring. It seems weird it would just start though.

Nvidia, i installed correct drivers with pirut and was using it just fine, no changes and after about a couple of weeks was the first time i noticed it. even after reinstall of F7 using the NV driver it still did not correct the problem so im guessing its not the drivers doing it, however im not eliminating the card.

StevenMedley
9th November 2007, 08:36 PM
Hi Steven.

Just a hunch, but this may be related. http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=170592

Dan
hmm, no dont seem related really, it seems to shake even when its just starting to boot up and all you see is text scrolling down the screen of everything firing up, however it does not do this with windows, I am starting to wonder about the refresh rate, i did notice on a certain game i play on windows depending on the refresh rate it will shake a small amount but not compared to how it does when booting up/using F7. (that game would be Arma)