PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Icon(s)?

stepher
30th October 2007, 07:23 PM
This is one of those little nuisance inquiries.

Somewhere along the way I lost an icon I was using on the applications menu. I had set up a submenu under applications for CAE software (KiCAD, gEDA, etc.). The icon I used was essentially an integrated circuit (in perspective). I had to do a re-install of Fedora (due to some folder/directory issues). At some point, I finally went back to reset up my menus and I have not been able to find this specific icon again. I downloaded the tango icons as an afterthought and found nothing of the sort.

Anyone have any pointers they might provide. I'd love to find my IC icon (or an equivalent).

Thanks in advance....Steph

Dies
30th October 2007, 07:28 PM
Something like this

stepher
2nd November 2007, 02:58 AM
Something like this

Thanks for the photo/icon

Actually, it was a drawn representation of an IC. The perspective was looking at the front from the top side. It was an icon that seemed to be part of the standard stable of icons for Fedora, and now it seems to have vanished :(

Just out of curiosity, the icons used for the menus have a .svg extension. The one you sent has .png. What's the difference? (I've spent way too many years in the Win world)

Cheers...Steph

Wayne
2nd November 2007, 03:02 AM
Have you looked under /usr/share/pixmaps (and not just under /usr/share/icons)

As far as I can understand things, *.png icons require one icon in each size (24x24,32x32, etc) where you want to use them, but *.svg icons are scalable.

Wayne

stepher
2nd November 2007, 04:02 AM
Have you looked under /usr/share/pixmaps (and not just under /usr/share/icons)

As far as I can understand things, *.png icons require one icon in each size (24x24,32x32, etc) where you want to use them, but *.svg icons are scalable.

Wayne

Wayne,

Thanks so much for the help!! I appreciate the insight on .svg vs. .png

I didn't realize (or know) there was another spot for icons. And here I assumed they would all be collected and kept in one location...silly me :) I can't be sure the icon is the same, but it looks pretty familiar and does the job.

Thanks again.

Cheers and regards,

Steph