PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP! Yum has problem ,anyone know about it?

virusvivivi
29th October 2007, 01:37 PM
Im using Fedora 6, when i do command like below,i got some problem ,anyone can help me ?

[root@localhost ~]# yum install php-mysql
Loading "installonlyn" plugin
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Reading repository metadata in from local files
Excluding Packages from Livna for Fedora Core 6 - i386 - Base
Finished
Parsing package install arguments
Nothing to do
im stuck :mad:

glennzo
29th October 2007, 01:40 PM
I'd have to say that there is NO problem and that php-mysql is already installed. In a terminal type rpm -q php-mysql. If it returns php-mysql with a version number it's installed. Here's that command on my system.

[glenn@toshiba ~/>$ rpm -q php-mysql
package php-mysql is not installed
[glenn@toshiba ~/>$

leigh123linux
29th October 2007, 01:49 PM
I suggest that you read the forum guidelines as well ;)

http://www.fedoraforum.org/?view=guide

When Asking Questions

1. Read The Unofficial Fedora F.A.Q. (Frequently asked questions) and Search FedoraForum.org before asking questions. Search the Fedora mailing lists and give google a whirl as well. There's a good chance your question has been answered before.
2. Details, details, details! Don't be brief. Include your Core release number, the architecture of your computer (i.e. AMD 64 or a Pentium 4, or in the case of video cards NVIDIA model or ATi Model), the version of the component you're having trouble with and everything you think might help. If you're using 3rd party RPMs explain where you got them from. Attach screen shots or other files if you think it might be useful.
3. Don't talk yourself down. Don't call yourself an idiot, we have all been newbies at some point. Don't add things like this to your posts:
Quote:
I know I'm an idiot but I just can't figure this out..
No question is too stupid.
4. Don't mark your question as important or critical. All questions asked are equally important.
5. Come back to the forum even after your question has been answered and give your thanks to the people who helped you. Try to generate that good, warm, fuzzy feeling amongst your peers.

And why the red angry faces ? :p :p :p :)

virusvivivi
29th October 2007, 01:51 PM
Thanh to Glennzo so much,i've just know it,php-mysql already installed ,but i cant connect from PHP to SQL ,can u help me more?? Here is PHP,SQL and php-mysql
[root@localhost ~]# rpm -q php-mysql
php-mysql-5.1.6-3.7.fc6
[root@localhost ~]# rpm -q php
php-5.1.6-3.7.fc6
[root@localhost ~]# rpm -q mysql
mysql-5.0.22-2.1

virusvivivi
29th October 2007, 01:56 PM
Sorry,i should not post like that,its will be not like that next time. The red face 'cos i got many problem,im stuck and i got burn in my head ,anyway thx for post reply

leigh123linux
29th October 2007, 02:00 PM
Sorry,i should not post like that,its will be not like that next time. The red face 'cos i got many problem,im stuck and i got burn in my head ,anyway thx for post reply

Welcome to the forum

Try asking here before the problems get to you ;)

glennzo
29th October 2007, 02:07 PM
Thanh to Glennzo so much,i've just know it,php-mysql already installed ,but i cant connect from PHP to SQL ,can u help me more?? Here is PHP,SQL and php-mysql
php-mysql-5.1.6-3.7.fc6
php-5.1.6-3.7.fc6
mysql-5.0.22-2.1
You're very welcome. Can't help you with PHP and MySql. I've no experience with those applications. But wait! Usually someone with experience will read the thread and jump right in. That's the way it is here in the Fedora Forum.

markkuk
29th October 2007, 03:32 PM
php-mysql-5.1.6-3.7.fc6
php-5.1.6-3.7.fc6
mysql-5.0.22-2.1
Is the MySQL server installed and running? What's the output of:

rpm -q mysql-server
service mysqld status

virusvivivi
29th October 2007, 04:50 PM
Yup,i installed mysql-server already ,the out put r :
[root@localhost ~]# rpm -q mysql-server
mysql-server-5.0.22-2.1
[root@localhost ~]# service mysqld status
mysqld (pid 2430) is running...

i still dont know the problem :( ,When i type :localhost ,it will be shown web of apache,or when i try to run any page with .php,it works ,but when i try to connect to SQL by PHP ,it doesnt

johno12345
29th October 2007, 06:22 PM
what code are you using within your php to connect to the database?

what output are you getting from your page when you try to access it?

have you setup a user within mysql?

virusvivivi
30th October 2007, 05:53 AM
what code are you using within your php to connect to the database?

what output are you getting from your page when you try to access it?

have you setup a user within mysql?

I finally found out,the problem was my code,i fixed it already n php-sql working well now,thx to everybody,im happy :D :D :D