PDA

View Full Version : Jump Drive Install?

Benicus
27th October 2007, 11:32 PM
Hello there I am a first time installer of Fedora and was wondering if it was possible to get Fedora to work from a Jump Drive instead of burning it to CD's (since my current computer has no DVD burner and I have no CD's to burn to).

Thanks!

Brian1
28th October 2007, 12:11 AM
used the search tool here and found this one and others. Looks like the best one so far but did not read all the other post from the search. Lots of reading if I had to. http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=166120&highlight=install+usb+drive

Brian

Benicus
28th October 2007, 10:16 AM
Hmm, interesting stuff there but not altogether useful for me. You see, my copy of Windows XP on my other machine has crashed and can't work anymore and that's the reason I want to go Linux but the problem is is that I don't have a DVD burner on my current machine, I have no CD's, and no moola to get them so I'm trying to use my jump drive to somehow get linux to run off it and install I was just curious if this was possible.

I'll do a bit of searching on my own and if I find anything I'll post it here but by all means anyone who could help me I neeeeed it :).

marcrblevins
30th October 2007, 08:36 AM
Just borrow someone else DVD player on your PC temporary...