PDA

View Full Version : perhaps just unneeded worries?

pyrael
25th October 2007, 03:32 PM
I have F7 on everal machines, I have never had errors or warnings when running yum upgrade. I am planning on using this particular computer as my new Recording studio. So I will be installing CCRMA Packages later. The first step from CCRMA how to is to run yum upgrade
here's some of the output from my yum upgrade transaction:

warning: /usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/mt-belleek.map created as /usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/mt-belleek.map.rpmnew
warning: /usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/mt-plus.map created as /usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/mt-plus.map.rpmnew
warning: /usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/mt-yy.map created as /usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/mt-yy.map.rpmnew

that is just a snippet of the entire output. I appears to have only happened with pam and tetex

should i worry about this?

also, I have two messages in root's mail (/var/spool/mail/root)

both messages contain this error:

--------------------- Kernel Begin ------------------------

WARNING: Kernel Errors Present
ACPI Error (dswstate-0226): ...: 2 Time(s)
ACPI Error (psparse-0537): ...: 2 Time(s)
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/all, error -71 ...: 1 Time(s)
usb 1-2: device not accepting address 2, error -71 ...: 1 Time(s)

---------------------- Kernel End -------------------------

system specs:
F7 x86 (not the 64 bit)
ABIT AW8
3.0 GHz pentium D dual core 64 CPU
Western digital WD800 SATA
DVD RW drive

any help appreciated

RJFUatHOME
25th October 2007, 05:06 PM
I have run into similar warnings on occasion with configuration files being saved as .rpmnew. Usually I make sure the two files are identicle as to their contents to make sure that I'm not keeping an old config file in place.

It's a tough call I don't know why that happens or if you are really supposed to do something about it.

pyrael
26th October 2007, 03:33 AM
well, It "seems" everything is ok, so I guess I'll wait and see if anything is installed wrong etc....

That Kernel error bugs me, but the only USB device I have is my mouse and it's working
and the ACPI well.... who knows (I don't like the monitor shutting off etc... maybe it's my bios settings :rolleyes: