PDA

View Full Version : $HOME/.dmrc is being ignored

rbran100
18th October 2007, 03:05 PM
I am running Fedora Core 6 and I just restarted my computer for the first time in nearly a month. and am recieving the following error on login.

$HOME/.dmrc is bieng ignored...please check the permissions and make sure they are 644

So i figure ok simple permissions issue and go to login as root to fix it. Root does the same thing. Failsafe login does the same thing. If i switch to terminal (CTRL-ALT-F1) and login it throws me out as soon as the authentication is finished (in a flash).

I also tried logging in as both my user and root via ssh and am recieving the following error "/bin/bash: Permission denied" then the connection closes.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this or get logged in so I can fix this I sould be most appreciative. I really need to get in asap :-(

Thanks,
RBRAN100

jbkt23
18th October 2007, 09:01 PM
I get this error because I created two users for myself and made each user a member of the other. I just ignore the error and the login continues without a hitch. I'm not near my computer so I assume you just click ok on the warning.
I googled <gnome dmrc> and got quick list of links. Basically it sets your language settins for the session. If you haven't setup a custom or alternate language for yourself then I think you can ignore it.

rbran100
18th October 2007, 10:15 PM
Figured it out, it was a pain. The problem had nothing to do with the symptoms. I needed to log into single user mode and disable selinux and that did the trick.

--rbran