PDA

View Full Version : run through vnc

mpantelios
17th October 2007, 10:33 AM
Hello everyone!

I am newbie in fedora 6 linux, managed to setup vnc server and view it from a windows platform through a vnc viewer, everything seems to work fine, but:
I can't run Mozilla firefox ver2 from vnc viewer, although when i execute it locally, it works fine. Through vnc, it seems to be "trying" to start, but it doesn't. I faced the same problem with another program,"security and firewall" and i'm afraid there may be more
Any ideas? Thanks.
Mike

Seve
17th October 2007, 09:29 PM
Hello:
When logged in through vnc
open a terminal and type
firefox
and see what the output is, it may provide some clues to what your issue is.

Seve

mpantelios
18th October 2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks Seve, I did what you said, typed "firefox" in console through vnc, waited a few seconds, the screen flashed as if some window existed for a few miliseconds, and then bang, back to the console prompt again.No messages there. Any ideas?
Mike

mioan
15th November 2007, 08:57 AM
Hello everyone!

I am newbie in fedora 6 linux, managed to setup vnc server and view it from a windows platform through a vnc viewer, everything seems to work fine, but:
I can't run Mozilla firefox ver2 from vnc viewer, although when i execute it locally, it works fine. Through vnc, it seems to be "trying" to start, but it doesn't. I faced the same problem with another program,"security and firewall" and i'm afraid there may be more
Any ideas? Thanks.
Mike

Just "yum update firefox"
It simply help me on my fedora 7