PDA

View Full Version : /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpng12 compile error

stephanie.steve
15th October 2007, 11:35 PM
the full message is

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libpng12.so when searching for -lpng
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpng12
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [xhydra] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/stephanie/hydra-5.4-src/hydra-gtk/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stephanie/hydra-5.4-src/hydra-gtk'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I have libpng installed but not libpng-devel (64bit) and when I try to install that I get this error message

Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/bin/libpng12-config from install of libpng-devel-1.2.16-1.fc7 conflicts with file from package libpng-devel-1.2.16-1.fc7

brunson
16th October 2007, 01:59 AM
How are you trying to install it? If you're using yum it should upgrade, if your using rpm from the command line, use -U to upgrade rather than -i to install.

stephanie.steve
16th October 2007, 03:04 AM
the program itself I'm trying to compile from the terminal and for libpng-devel witch would hopefully fix the problem.. I try and install it through yum but I get that error

Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/bin/libpng12-config from install of libpng-devel-1.2.16-1.fc7 conflicts with file from package libpng-devel-1.2.16-1.fc7

stephanie.steve
16th October 2007, 09:33 AM
I thought maybe it was because it didn't like 64bit stuff so I ran linux32 ./configure or w/e but still didn't work :( that error is confusing lol

stephanie.steve
16th October 2007, 10:59 AM
I guess the transaction check error means that the i386 arch. was used to built certain programs even though they were 64bit.. something like that anyways :X I removed the libpng-devel i386 (only one installed) and did a screen shot of what other thing's it was taking out.. a few other devel files witch I'll install after :X then I did a yum install libpng-devel and funny now the 64bit version is being installed first before the i386 arch. one ;) funny huh? now that whole bit is fixed.. I get a new error ;) yay*! :D lol.. and people wonder why I complain about compiling :X

now after installing those other devel files all if fixed :\ sorry for boring you all*! hope this thread helps someone someday