PDA

View Full Version : DHCPD setup

hermouche
13th October 2007, 08:54 PM
Hello,

I would like to setup a dhcp server, what should be installed in order to be able to configure it ?

Thanks

red

savage
13th October 2007, 11:49 PM
Hi, the package I believe is called dhcpd, at least that is how it is referenced to start the service. I always (on my server) install it during setup and not via yum, so not 100%.

Config should be in /etc/dhcpd.conf once installed, there should be a sample config in '/usr/share/doc/dhcp-X.X/dhcp.conf.sample', it's pretty self explanatory if you understand the concepts of it.

Savage

hermouche
14th October 2007, 06:38 AM
Hi, the package I believe is called dhcpd, at least that is how it is referenced to start the service. I always (on my server) install it during setup and not via yum, so not 100%.

Config should be in /etc/dhcpd.conf once installed, there should be a sample config in '/usr/share/doc/dhcp-X.X/dhcp.conf.sample', it's pretty self explanatory if you understand the concepts of it.

Savage

Thanks savage,

Under /etc, i've got these two files dhclient-eth0.conf, dhclient-eth1.conf and not the dhcpd.conf.

red

hermouche
14th October 2007, 08:41 AM
Ok i got it.

Should install:
#yum install dhcp gdhcpd

gdhcpd is a nice GUI for setting up the dhcp server.

red

savage
14th October 2007, 09:26 PM
Glad you got it going, my server is a faceless coward, so I do most of my admin'ing via SSH, and very rarely RDP, so don't use GUI's, but I'll check it out in the interest of curiousity.

Savage

hermouche
14th October 2007, 10:05 PM
Ok savage thanks and Cheers

red