PDA

View Full Version : Got a bit of a problem...

kona0197
11th October 2007, 08:24 AM
I must say fedora Core 6 has been very good to me. Nice and stable, fast booting and works better on my little dell than I had ever hoped it would.

Alas it it time to upgrade. The problem is that I have no DVD ROM nor funds to attain one. How do I download and install FC 7 or 8 then? I can't do a network install either.

I would like to stay with FC if I can.

Options? Feedback?

Wayne
11th October 2007, 08:29 AM
Does it at least have a CD burner? If so, there's a LiveCD for Gnome or KDE

ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Live/i386

Wayne

kona0197
11th October 2007, 08:53 AM
Does the live CD allow installation? I prefer to have FC installed - Live CDS are nice but time consuming and hard on the old CD ROM...

Wayne
11th October 2007, 09:06 AM
Does the live CD allow installation? I prefer to have FC installed - Live CDS are nice but time consuming and hard on the old CD ROM...

Yes, it does, but it doesn't include OpenOffice, if I remember, so that has to be installed later.

Wayne

leigh123linux
11th October 2007, 09:16 AM
I must say fedora Core 6 has been very good to me. Nice and stable, fast booting and works better on my little dell than I had ever hoped it would.

Alas it it time to upgrade. The problem is that I have no DVD ROM nor funds to attain one. How do I download and install FC 7 or 8 then? I can't do a network install either.

I would like to stay with FC if I can.

Options? Feedback?

You are out of luck because Fedora core no longer exists :cool: , since F7 they dropped the core from the name :) . ( it just Fedora now )

kona0197
11th October 2007, 10:54 AM
Yeah I've been offline too long LOL...