PDA

View Full Version : what is the key to SUPPER button on linux? please help!

$Linux
11th October 2007, 05:34 AM
what is the key to SUPPER button on linux? please help!

well in linux i use compiz-fusion an some of the controls there say <Supper>H

but the thing i do not understand is what is the supper button. what key is it on the key board or what ever i need to knwo it thanks:) :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ppesci
11th October 2007, 05:41 AM
Supper key?. not an user of compiz-fusion but I think the misspelled. Mau be they refer to UPPER (shift) key

$Linux
11th October 2007, 05:46 AM
Supper key?. not an user of compiz-fusion but I think the misspelled. Mau be they refer to UPPER (shift) key
i meant that even beryl when you use it there are soem short cuts that will say some thing like this

<Shift><Super>s

you see the word supper in it i want to knwo what is that key ?

leadgolem
11th October 2007, 05:54 AM
Take a look here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_key_(keyboard_button)).

scottro
11th October 2007, 05:55 PM
Super usually refers to the left or right Windows key, known as Super_L and Super_R.

Now, for some reason, I've sometimes found in Fedora (I boot into textmode and use fluxbox, opened with startx) X doesn't always seem to see this Super key.

So, I also do the following. I've created a file $HOME/.xmodmaprc

It reads

keycode 115 = Super_L
add Mod4 = Super_L

Then, if for some reason, my Super_L doesn't seem to work, running

xmodmap ~/.xmodmaprc

will fix the problem.

What I've done here is gotten the keycode by using a program called xev, I can explain in more depth if you're interested.

$Linux
11th October 2007, 10:17 PM
Take a look here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_key_(keyboard_button)).

hey well thanks for the link i found it out it is the windows key thaks

JN4OldSchool
11th October 2007, 10:34 PM
If you have problems with the super key it is easy enough to remap in compiz-fusion to just use something else.

$Linux
11th October 2007, 10:42 PM
If you have problems with the super key it is easy enough to remap in compiz-fusion to just use something else.
well JN4 well in compiz whys can't you grab keys like you can do on beryl ?

JN4OldSchool
11th October 2007, 11:00 PM
well JN4 well in compiz whys can't you grab keys like you can do on beryl ?

You can change keys. look at my screenshot. This is the snow plugin, the key binding tab. Just click on the key binding, mine was "shift+F3" (I changed it from super+F3 just to be consistant with the rain and wiper toggle). When you click on it it changes to say "new accelerator." Then just hit whatever key combo you want.

edit: BTW, did you check out the new "confetti" plugin yet? It is way cool! :)

$Linux
12th October 2007, 01:35 AM
You can change keys. look at my screenshot. This is the snow plugin, the key binding tab. Just click on the key binding, mine was "shift+F3" (I changed it from super+F3 just to be consistant with the rain and wiper toggle). When you click on it it changes to say "new accelerator." Then just hit whatever key combo you want.

edit: BTW, did you check out the new "confetti" plugin yet? It is way cool! :)

well what is the new plugin an how can i get the snow i do not have it an my watter effect do not work for some reason