PDA

View Full Version : Add/ Remove Applications is not working

karthikbabu
10th October 2007, 02:15 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm unable to add/remove any applications on my machine. I'm running Fedora Core 7. I don't have internet connection. When i try to click on Add/Remove Applications from Gui, it tries to connect to internet, which fails & its closes. Please advice.I observe similiar behaviour in earlier versions of Fedora too (6 & 5).

Is it mandatory to have internet connection?

I've all the installables in DVD, wonder why it is required to connect to internet. :confused:
Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Karthik

FriedChips
10th October 2007, 02:26 PM
well add/remove applications is setup by default to use the online repositories, You can setup a new repository that uses the DVD, though I have never done it so can't really help, but it is possible. Then you will need to disable the other ones. When/if you do connect to the net and want updates or other packages you can use the repositories you disabled like this.

yum update --enablerepo=updates --enablerepo=whatever-else-you-may-need

SaGS
11th October 2007, 03:29 PM
... I'm unable to add/remove any applications on my machine. I'm running Fedora Core 7. I don't have internet connection. ...Indeed, by default ‘Add or Remove Software’ requires an Internet connection and will absolutely ignore the DVD.
To use the DVD, see this: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showpost.php?p=829799&postcount=2