PDA

View Full Version : The Sims for linux

omegaprophet420
9th October 2007, 07:55 PM
i have recently purchased the sims for nix from amazon. im having problems with it though. i installed the rpms from the cd and when i try to run it on the terminal, this is what i get:

$ the_sims
/usr/lib/the_sims/winex_sims/bin/wine: relocation error: /usr/lib/the_sims/winex_sims/lib/libwine.so: symbol h_errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

im not sure what that means exactly... im running FC6. the game came with mandrake (i tried it and didnt like it) and the installation requirments says i need kernel 2.2 + (i got 2.6), GlibC 2.1.3+ (i got 2.1.3), and XFree86 4.0 +. this is where the problem comes in, dosent Fedora run on Xorg? any way around this? does it even matter?

stevea
9th October 2007, 08:07 PM
It looks like your game is using it's own wine release, and yeah well 2.2 and 2.6 kernels are worlds apart and Xfree & Xorg have drifted apart too.

I suspect that the_sims is a script (type "file the_sims") and if so you may be able use the current wine to run it.

Your immediate error seems to be related to a symbol not found in in glibc, and no I'm pretty sure FC6 does not have Glibc 2.1.3, more likely glibc-2.6.4