PDA

View Full Version : configure file associations

focus_water
8th October 2007, 04:02 PM
when ever i try and open an audio or video file it will open using the program noatun. how do i make the default player VLC? i thought if i remove noatun that would fix it but when i do that and try and open a file it will just give me errors. i went into KDE control center and went into the file associations part. say if i click on .avi and i put VLC to the top of the Application Preference order the avi file will still open with noatun.

FriedChips
8th October 2007, 04:08 PM
try right clicking on the file and selecting open with, under the customer command type in the command you would use to start vlc prolly

vlcplayer

or something like that, then hit ok, I use gnome so it may be different for you though...

focus_water
8th October 2007, 04:15 PM
try right clicking on the file and selecting open with, under the customer command type in the command you would use to start vlc prolly

vlcplayer

or something like that, then hit ok, I use gnome so it may be different for you though...

yea thats works but i really don't want to have to do that every time i open something.

sameeh
8th October 2007, 06:28 PM
there is a little radio button in the button when you choose to open with other program 'make this my default program for these files or something' try that ...