PDA

View Full Version : WINE windows will not appear

kpedersen
5th October 2007, 08:52 PM
Hello,

After installing WINE on my laptop (IBM T23) using RedHat Enterprise 5 Client when I try to run WINECFG the first time I get...

-------------------
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
-------------------

However, I do not believe this is a problem. The problem occurs when I try to run WINECONFIG (or any other WINE app) again. I get...

-------------------
-------------------

Then no window appears until i restart the computer again. So it seems that I can only run one WINE application per reboot. WINE works fine on the same setup on my desktop PC but I really need it on my laptop for uni.

Here comes the puzzling part... If I run a WINE application normally (without console) and no window appears... if i then logout and log in again WINE works perfectly without any of the above error messages. Is this because its using a different part of memory which has been taken up by the prevous app which is still running.. just not appearing?

If anyone has any ideas I would be interested to hear them.

regards,

Karsten.

EDIT: Oddly enough... Crossover Office works perfectly although has the above error messages but at least the windows appear. However I still need normal WINE to work :( so any help would be greatly appreciated.