PDA

View Full Version : What Integrated Development Environemt (IDE) do you use?

Quella
2nd October 2007, 03:25 PM
I have a friend asking what do people use on Linux as a C/C++ Integrated Development Environment (IDE)? I have found a few out on sourceforge.net, but I was wondering what the people here have used to develop their applications and if you had any issues getting such running under Fedora.

Quella

pete_1967
2nd October 2007, 03:39 PM
Most popular right after Vim and Emacs are probably KDevelop, Anjuta, Code::Blocks and Eclipse with C++ plugin.

Quella
2nd October 2007, 03:48 PM
Most popular right after Vim and Emacs are probably KDevelop, Anjuta, Code::Blocks and Eclipse with C++ plugin.

I have seen Anjuta and Code::Blocks on sourceforge.net with a high level of downloads. Do you use either of these? And if so, why do you like the one over the other(s)?

Thanks

Quella

Loki1950
2nd October 2007, 03:48 PM
And they are all just a yum away :D

Enjoy the Choice :)

pete_1967
2nd October 2007, 05:09 PM
Do you use either of these? And if so, why do you like the one over the other(s)?

Nah, I've tried KDevelop, Anjuta and Code::Blocks but gave up when I finally realised that [esc] + :w(q) doesn't work no matter how often I try.

Vim all the way for me.

Quella
2nd October 2007, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the pointers guys. I will point him to the three big ones and let him select the one that he likes best.

Quella