PDA

View Full Version : xbindkeys suddenly stops working

Santino
25th September 2007, 05:35 AM
Ive installed xbindkeys, setup the .xbindkeysrc file in ~/.xbindkeysrc, i set it up in the sessions, when i boot up xbindkeys works perfect. (other then my keyboard multimedia buttons) but my mouse buttons work perfect, then out of no where it will just seem to kill itself, and it disapears from the processes. even when i kill the process running as root in a term window, and then reload it, it still doesnt work, i have to do reboot my comp in order to get it going again. its very frustrating

anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Santino
25th September 2007, 08:00 AM
also, what is the proper syntax to swap mouse buttons?

thanks

Santino
26th September 2007, 07:50 PM
Anyone experiencing this?

Dies
26th September 2007, 11:40 PM
Nope, no problems at all here.

On another note, xbindkeys is very useful if you use different desktop environments or want to bind commands to certain keys, but for modifying mouse keys...

Well, maybe take a look here :

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Advanced_Mouse

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Advanced_Mouse/Individual_Configurations

Santino
29th September 2007, 05:54 PM
i am still having this problem, on a fresh reboot xbindkeys works amazing, and just this morning everything seemed to be working as normal again, and ive been trying to sort of remember what mouse clicks im doing to see exactly what is triggering xbindkeys to stop working. and all ive done was browse the net in firefox and started a gedit session and used pidgin. and i cant seem to pinpoint when exactly xbindkeys stops. and the wierd thing too is that i cant even kill the process and restart it via the terminal window, i have to do a full reboot(i cant just log out cuz thats another problem im having which im trying to rectify in another thread)

any help would be appreciated thanks.

Santino
29th September 2007, 06:48 PM
I have figured out what makes xbindkeys stop working.

NUMLOCK

when numlock is enabled (numpad keys work) then xbindkeys does not, if i switch numlock off (numpad keys dont work) then xbindkeys works as normal.

does anyone know why this is and if it can be fixed?

thanks

Santino
30th September 2007, 09:38 AM
I have figured out the problem, in the .xbindkeysrc file you have to chagne the keystate_numlock to disable and then you can use the numpad and the xbindkeys will work