PDA

View Full Version : Lib required

notfound
6th September 2007, 11:09 AM
Application says that a required lib isn't found, though it is installed in /usr/local/lib. I'm noob and can't understand how to fix this problem. Lib is referred to directfb as well as the application. What should I do?

SteveGYBE
6th September 2007, 11:53 AM
The usual place for library files on Fedora is /usr/lib. Perhaps the easiest way to fix this is to make a symbolic link to the file (as root) in a terminal:
su -
<enter root password>
ln -s /usr/local/lib/<lib-file> /usr/lib/<lib-file>replacing <lib-file> with the name of the library of course!

See http://www.directfb.org/downloads/Core/README - this tells you the compile and configuration options for DirectFB including other ways to resolve this problem.

notfound
6th September 2007, 12:04 PM
Quiet a reasonable way, but it didn't work. It's a pity that a program doesn't write a path where this lib should be.

notfound
6th September 2007, 01:07 PM
df_andi: error while loading shared libraries: libdirectfb-1.1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

df_andi is an application from directfb examples.

I have reinstalled directfb, but nothing changed.

SteveGYBE
6th September 2007, 01:15 PM
Are you compiling DirectFB yourself? If so, run ./configure again adding the option "--prefix=/usr", then do "make clean" before "make" and "make install". Then your libs should be installed in /usr/lib and binaries in /usr/bin.

notfound
6th September 2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks. It worked. Default installation path was the main problem.