PDA

View Full Version : OK,I am downloading Fedora-7.90-x86_64, looking forward to installing it soon

X11
5th September 2007, 04:57 AM
Ok I have tried Fedora in the past, but I am going to try Fedora again.

Even though I have tried Fedora, it is completely new to me but I got bored with my current install so I thought why not.

Keep in mind I have tried about 400 + distros out.

I have built my own distros using rBuilder based on rPath.

I started with Ubuntu, used KNOPPIX installed and Sabayon for a long period of time.

I have been using my own distro; Oz GNOME 1.0 since the beginning of this year.

Recently after not using Windows for over 2 years I decided to reinstall Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 and set up a dual boot to Elive, I then installed Foresight.

So I am currently using Foresight and XP.

I am bored with Foresight so I am currently downloading Fedora and PC-BSD 1.4 RC2....

I have replaced Ubuntu on my old computer with PC-BSD.

Ok so I have about 11 hours left on the Fedora download so it looks like I will be installing it tomorrow.

So Fedora 7.9 64 bit version...yeah; so how is it? any pointers? anything I need know?

Gnafu the Great
5th September 2007, 05:11 AM
Only thing I can say is this: can you wait two days? Fedora 8 Test 2 should be out then ;).

giulix
5th September 2007, 06:41 AM
Yeah, using a smaller font requires you to pay a spectacles tax of $1 for each forum member. You've been warned :D

rjstaaf
5th September 2007, 11:26 AM
Only thing I can say is this: can you wait two days? Fedora 8 Test 2 should be out then ;).

Actually the release of Test 2 has slipped a week so even with the 500 or so updates he is going to have to go through after it finishes download it "may" still finish before Test 2 is released ;)

This is from the Fedora-Devel-Announce mailing list...

Due to issues with fast moving parts around installation and
composition of the distribution (yum, anaconda, pykickstart, pungi,
mash) we haven't had an installable tree for a little while, and not
nearly enough time to shake out any other bugs that may be present due
to Feature Freeze and lots of fresh content landing. As such we will
be extending the freeze for a week to complete our unit testing and to
prepare the release.
The new date of February 13 is also now reflected on the Fedora 8 schedule on the Fedora Project Wiki

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/Schedule

Gnafu the Great
5th September 2007, 02:12 PM
Crap! And here I have a 10GB partition on my new laptop just waiting for Test 2 :( :p.

EDIT: And it's September 13, lest someone freak out and think the final release date has been pushed back several months ;).