PDA

View Full Version : Suspend and Resume help request

RJFUatHOME
4th September 2007, 10:50 PM
In Fedora 7 the suspend and resume feature works, but overnight after resume I get a failure to suspend notification, even though it really does suspend. Also on resume after the first suspend/resume, the display on tty1 gets all whacky if I ctl-alt f1 to the tty1. It's all gray with ansi/ascii characters filling the screen. I'll get a prompt if I hit enter (in between the flashing characters), but obviously something is getting corrupted. I had no problems with suspend and resume on this machine when running FC6.

I receive this error in the pm_suspend.log in Fedora 7:

===== Tue Sep 4 12:57:37 PDT 2007: running hook: /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/60sysfont =====
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/60sysfont: line 7: /dev/tty0: Permission denied

I see no ill effects other than the corrupted display on tty's or when I log out and log back in, I also see it flashing before X starts back up until I reboot.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried removing the script file in the error log to see if that would help, no difference there. I even searched on 60sysfont and it appears the script in question is the most recent.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I suspend and resume my desktop routinely and would like to get this working smoothly as it already did in FC6.