PDA

View Full Version : NEC monitor VR19 not included?!? Now what?!?

rkrijger
3rd May 2004, 02:17 PM
I (am trying to) use Fedora Core 2 Test 2.

I am having probs setting the screen/display res higher than 640x480, it does not work. The prob could be my video card (NVidia Geforce 2 MX) or my monitor (NEC VR19).

The monitor is not listed during installation. I picked NEC HR19 instead. Is this the reason why it does not work?

Xorg.0.log tells me something like "Default mode not used, HSYNC out of range".

Any help would be appreciated...

gonzalo76
4th May 2004, 05:20 AM
I am having probs setting the screen/display res higher than 640x480, it does not work. The prob could be my video card (NVidia Geforce 2 MX) or my monitor (NEC VR19).

I don't think it's the video card, cause I have the same one and Anaconda detected it and configured it fine. (Then I installed the last Nvidia drivers available for Linux).

The monitor is not listed during installation. I picked NEC HR19 instead. Is this the reason why it does not work?

Didn't Anaconda detect your monitor during the installation? If it didn't detect it, Anaconda should set a 'generic 19' monitor, I think. If not, try with a 'generic 19 monitor' or another one, I don't know.

Xorg.0.log tells me something like "Default mode not used, HSYNC out of range".

Another user had the same problem here (http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1630)

Sorry that I can't help you more :(

Good Luck

rkrijger
5th May 2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by gonzalo76
Didn't Anaconda detect your monitor during the installation? If it didn't detect it, Anaconda should set a 'generic 19' monitor, I think. If not, try with a 'generic 19 monitor' or another one, I don't know.

Well, as you know, I got it all fixed up! :)
I know now what SYNC/REFRESH settings my NEC VR19 monitor has. Should I e-mail it to somebody so that they can be included in the regular Fedora install package?!? And, if so, to whom?!?

Regards,
Robin...