Can sombody explane step by step?
Wat are good repos en where too find?

Dangermouse
24th August 2007, 07:55 PM
try here
http://www.freewebs.com/dnmouse/createarepo.htm

tjjoost
24th August 2007, 08:06 PM
This is not wat i"m looking for. This only a repo to store the downloads of YUM. But anyway, thanks Dangermouse.

leigh123linux
24th August 2007, 08:39 PM
Using the DVD ISO as a Source

1. Loop mount the image:

mount -t iso9660 -o loop /path/to/image.iso /path/to/mount/point

gedit /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-local.repo
[fedora-local]
name=Fedora 7 - Moonshine - i386 - Loop Mounted ISO Image
baseurl=file:///path/to/mount/point/
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1

3. The default enabled=0 makes sure to not cause issues when the image is not loop mounted. You will be able to set the repository source enabled when doing repository configuration while running yum. In this use case, it would be needed to disabled (uncheck) the network based F7 repository when using the loop mounted image as the same data is available locally.

P.S When posting please be more descriptive ;)

bbfuller
24th August 2007, 09:24 PM
Hello tjjoost

If you are looking to make your own local repository of rpm's for fedora so that you can reuse them over several machines, then any directory can be so designated.

On the machine that holds the information for your new repo, download and install the program "createrepo" from the main fedora repositories and run it against your new repository. On the machines that are going to access the repository, create a new entry in /etc/yum.repos.d using one of the existing files as a basis.

Comment out the existing entries relating to a path to repositories and create a new entry that reads:

baseurl=file:///path to repository

in my case it reads:

baseurl=file:///mnt/fedora7_386_updates

If you were to mirror the updates repository you would replace the lines in your existing file with that one.

Depending on what your repository contains and where you got it from you may need to set gpgcheck to zero.

If on the other hand you are looking for pre-existing repos to install programs not in the main fedora ones then, livna, freshrpms and atrpms are three to look up and there are numerous places on the forum where you can find how to set them up if you search.

Be aware though that you should only have one of them enabled all the time as their programs are good at working with fedora, but not necessarily checked to ensure compatibility with each other.

Dangermouse
25th August 2007, 09:17 AM
tjjoost you dont have to use it for just for updates, you can put what you like in it, like leigh said even the installation disc which you can mount or copy the rpms to your repo, its was a example the updates.