PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 2 = Pissing me off :(

xJiX
23rd August 2007, 01:45 PM
Okay, I am new to linux, and I don't know if it's just me, or if this is a common issue.. But often while browing with FFx2, I notice that I would go to a website, and then for some unknown reason, the browser goes back to where I was like 2 pages ago.. or in some cases, it would just go back 3 pages, and forward a couple pages. It is really annoying. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

keatonvictor
23rd August 2007, 02:17 PM
Only suggestion is start over. run the following....

as root!

"yum remove firefox"
then
"yum install firefox.i386"
then
"yum update"

you may simply have a bad install of firefox. this should fix you with a new version which works. :)

leigh123linux
23rd August 2007, 02:33 PM
Only suggestion is start over. run the following....

as root!

"yum remove firefox"
then
"yum install firefox.i386"
then
"yum update"

you may simply have a bad install of firefox. this should fix you with a new version which works. :)

The last command yum update will update the complete system around 300-400 updates totaling nearly 1GB in downloads :eek:

JN4OldSchool
23rd August 2007, 02:37 PM
Is there any reason he hasnt updated his system yet? Maybe an update might cure his problem? Just asking, I dont know the situation, but a yum update is usually the first thing I do after an install.

leigh123linux
23rd August 2007, 02:40 PM
Try

typing about:config in the firefox address bar

then filter for browser.backspace_action

and then right click on it and select modify and change the value to 0 (zero)

xJiX
23rd August 2007, 02:56 PM
Hmm... so far so good.. I just reinstalled FFx2, as well as set value of int broswer.backspace_action = 0;

Haven't had any issues with it yet to dissatisfy me thus far, so I'm guessing it worked ^_^

EDIT: Just as I was posting this reply, I got sent back three pages :(