PDA

View Full Version : Help With Partitioning During Install On Intel Mac

tamal108
22nd August 2007, 05:48 PM
I am pulling my hair out trying to get F6 installed on my intel iMac. I am so confused about how to partition the HD during the install. I already partitioned it with Boot Camp but can't figure out how during install. I've tried numerous sites but they don't seem to be so specific. There are so many options! I get an error "Couldn't allocate requested partitions. Not enough space left." I need this OS for a class. Please help!! :confused: :confused:

Jman
24th August 2007, 06:03 AM
All the wiki page (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraOnMactel) says is to let Boot Camp resize it.

The error sounds straightforward. How much space was free, and how much did you ask for?

tamal108
25th August 2007, 04:38 PM
I DID resize it with Boot Camp but when I attempted to install Fedora, it gave several partition options. I looked at the link you sent prior to coming to this forum and it doesn't give step-by-step info about how to do this install.

"Then, you're to a pretty normal Fedora install. Autopartitioning will do the right thing with the BootCamp created partition and grub will default to being installed on the /boot partition rather than the MBR (installation to the MBR will cause your machine to be unable to boot)" :confused:

This is anything but normal....