PDA

View Full Version : Songbird wont launch from toolbar thingy

Fittersman
22nd August 2007, 09:20 AM
Songbird wont launch from the toolbar thing at the top of my screen, i dragged and dropped it there from the source file, the source file works but it just wont launch from the toolbar.

any ideas?

ryptyde
22nd August 2007, 12:13 PM
I have Songbird on FC 6 and haven't really used it that often had only run it from the directory where I unpacked it. Well I went to that directory and "dragged and dropped" Songbird to the desktop panel and a "create launcher" window opened I entered a name "Songbird" and picked an icon to use and closed out of the create launcher gui.

When I clicked on the icon from the panel Songbird launched and I even d'loaded one of the tunes to my desktop just to test that it was functioning properly. Maybe you need to make sure that Songbird is set to "executable" in the "permissions" tab.

Fittersman
22nd August 2007, 07:59 PM
by set to executable you mean check off the little box that has allow executing file as a program right? cuz thats is checked off already

o yeah, and just so people dont think my taskbar is broken firefox works fine from the taskbar.

i am also running 64bit version

ryptyde
23rd August 2007, 04:00 AM
by set to executable you mean check off the little box that has allow executing file as a program right? cuz thats is checked off already

Yes that's what I meant, was hoping it was something simple as that but no such luck I see.

Wayne
23rd August 2007, 04:08 AM
create a symlink of the songbird executable to /usr/bin and see if it work from there.

ln -s /opt/songbird/songbird /usr/bin/songbird

Or whatever path you have it installed to.

Wayne

Fittersman
23rd August 2007, 08:06 PM
yeah it worked from there