PDA

View Full Version : eGroupWare Troubles

kleitonlrsoares
20th August 2007, 10:48 PM
Hi, I've tried to install eGropWare in my Fedora 7, but some features don't work, for example the xmlrpc and icalserver but on FC6 this features work without problems.

Someone can help me with this problems ?

Thanks !

W7CCE
17th August 2016, 11:01 PM
I found this thread trying to solve the same problem. Things have only gotten worse on Fedora 23. Been futzing around for 3 days trying to get it to work with no joy. Of course a lot of the issues belong to PHP which is so full of incompatibilities, patches, and work arounds that its a wonder anything beyond HELLO WORLD ever works, but a lot of the problem (at least in 23) appears to be the baloney that Fedora forces on applications, documentation, and users to make its more advanced features work.

I would give up on egroupware on fedora. The chance of it working for any period of time is about zero, just like almost everything since FC 14. Suse, if you are so inclined seems to work and integrate much easier wtih egroupware, but I think this application space is just waiting for Microsoft to move in and fix it.

/Len

osce0
18th August 2016, 04:22 AM
Things have only gotten worse on Fedora 23.

I use eGroupware without any problem in F23, although I only use web interface.

You may want to tweak your client software to match the protocol of egroupware, or modify egroupware to fit your client. It's open source so you can change the code any way you like, as long as you adhere to the OSS rule.