PDA

View Full Version : How do I mount/play DVDs.

yoshisaur
20th August 2007, 02:10 AM
Hey everyone its me again. For some reason my system does not recognize the DVD I put in. I have already installed the vlc rpm but I still cannot play DVD's. The DVD I am trying to play is a movie my friends made so it is on a DVD-R, I mentioned that because maybe there is a problem recognizing just DVD-Rs? I don't know. Also can you guys check out this website http://stage6.divx.com/user/kingjames128/video/1402602/Dave-Messina:The-Real-Deal-(movie)
and tell if the movie will play? You do not have to watch it just tell me if it is possible for you to view. It is the same movie that is on my DVD. Now that I have Mplayer I can press play but it just starts to say buffering and a bunch of numbers after it. Anyone know what this means?

nspmangalore
20th August 2007, 08:19 AM
does the dvd play elsewhere?
i mean in other computers.

bbfuller
20th August 2007, 09:01 AM
Hello yoshisaur

Lot's of posts on that on the forum.

As well as the player you need the non-free codec called libdvdcss.

Beware, it's not legal in some countries, but where it is it's on livna.

leigh123linux
20th August 2007, 09:09 AM
http://stage6.divx.com/user/kingjames128/video/1402602/Dave-Messina:The-Real-Deal-(movie)
and tell if the movie will play? You do not have to watch it just tell me if it is possible for you to view. It is the same movie that is on my DVD. Now that I have Mplayer I can press play but it just starts to say buffering and a bunch of numbers after it. Anyone know what this means?

Now that I have Mplayer I can press play but it just starts to say buffering and a bunch of numbers after it. Anyone know what this means?

It means that you have to wait for the buffer to fill before it will play ( it does play in mplayer )

yoshisaur
20th August 2007, 03:05 PM
Oh yeah that would make sense for it to take long because it is a 57 minute long movie. You left a screenshot does that mean were you able to see it?

yoshisaur
20th August 2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah it plays in Windows XP Windows Media Player. I got the codecs though from the livna thing, that is why it so weird that it does not player.

leigh123linux
20th August 2007, 03:47 PM
Yes it plays no problem here ( if you have totem-mozplugin it can block the mplayerplug-in )

try

su
yum remove totem-mozplugin