PDA

View Full Version : wine?

Fittersman
20th August 2007, 01:02 AM
i found a nice howto on the wine site, but its not working. i get to ./configure and then i get an error:

[root@Christopher-PC cleippi]# ./configure
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

im guessing that im just in the wrong directory, but i dont know what directory i have to go to.

here is the howto i followed:
http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit#head-f5f9f414804f6ebe1b72b0dca85feaee42121811

First, remove any wine rpms.

rpm -qa|grep wine|xargs rpm -e

Run the following command. This will install all necessary packages.

yum install alsa-lib-devel audiofile-devel esound-devel glib2-devel libogg-devel libvorbis-devel pkgconfig qt-devel fontconfig-devel freetype-devel libICE-devel libSM-devel libX11-devel libXau-devel libXcursor-devel libXdmcp-devel libXext-devel libXft-devel libXinerama-devel libXrandr-devel libXrender-devel libXt-devel libjpeg-devel libmng-devel libpng-devel mesa-libGL-devel xorg-x11-proto-devel libXi-devel sane-backends-devel libieee1284-devel libusb-devel libXmu-devel ncurses-devel gnutls-devel libgcrypt-devel libgpg-error-devel libXv-devel opencdk-devel expat-devel cups-devel e2fsprogs-devel krb5-devel openssl-devel giflib-devel openldap-devel lcms-devel cyrus-sasl-devel libxml-devel libxml2-devel libxslt-devel libxml libXxf86dga-devel libXxf86vm-devel libicu-devel isdn4k-utils-devel libao-devel hal-devel dbus-devel glibc-devel.i386 mesa-libGLU-devel.i386 flex bison fontforge prelink

Now you can build it.

./configure
make depend && make
make install

stevea
20th August 2007, 01:21 AM
Wine is available as a binary package - no need to rebuild it.

If you really want to - then cd to the wine source to plevel directory (you have to load the wine sources from their repo as either a tarball or a CVS or something. There will be REDME fies as well as a .'confiure' and probably a 'Makefile.in' and others in the top directoy. cd ther eand they start wit h./configure.

Fittersman
20th August 2007, 01:25 AM
where is that directory?

and, how would you do it without rebuilding?

dumbbeatnix
31st December 2007, 02:50 AM
Try:

su -c yum install wine

or get the packages in the package manager by searching for wine.

Cheers
dumbbeatnix

Tellik
1st January 2008, 07:13 PM
during fc4, fc5, and fc6 days I had problems building my own wine on 64-bit Linux. It required, at least, soft links to libs that were not set up by fedora and I don't remember everything else. I do remember it was possible but took a lot of effort. As soon as fedora started releasing the updates I needed (to run WoW) I switched to the regularly available rpms via yum install and yum update. I have not gone back. Unless you absolutely require the latest release of wine, I would suggest saving yourself the headache and just use the rpms