PDA

View Full Version : restore

87esir
19th August 2007, 02:14 AM
I have fed 7 i386 installed on my hard drive and since I'm new I have been wondering through the desert almost alone (ocassionally bumping into one of you good samaritans to help me on my journey from windows to linux) and I got things loaded on my system that I don't even remember and don't know what half are.
Bottom line I want to clean up my system and restore it back to like a new install w/o reinstalling. I'd like to restore back that far if I can. I didn't do a restore point at install though and admittedly would still not know how to do that or even if this base system has the program on it to do restores.

Is there a way for me to get back to my fresh install point or should I just do a new install?

tashirosgt
20th August 2007, 05:53 PM
I don't know the answer, but let's clarify what you are asking. Do you want to re-install only the operating system files and not change the data you have in /home ? Or do you want to restore all files on the machine to be the way they were a certain time ago? I don't think the latter is possible in the typical FC7 installation.

sebnukem
20th August 2007, 10:09 PM
I would backup whatever files i want to keep and redo a fresh install. I have no idea what a "restore point" is on Linux. Isn't it a Microsoft Windows concept?