PDA

View Full Version : yum to resolve dependency for gtkpod

taiwanmoose
16th August 2007, 06:04 AM
Hello all:
I would like some information in installing some software. I downloaded the gtkpod.rpm, but I could not install as there are a four depencencys. I downloaded pyton and tryed to install, but again more dependencys. I used yum to resolve dependencys before, but I was following a howto so it was very easy.
I would be grateful for any help.
Thanks in advance.
TM

Wayne
16th August 2007, 06:06 AM
gtkpod is in the Fedora repos:

yum install gtkpod

should take care of all the dependencies

Wayne

taiwanmoose
16th August 2007, 08:03 AM
gtkpod is in the Fedora repos:

yum install gtkpod

should take care of all the dependencies

Wayne
Thanks again Wayne. I am really, really glad that I have a place to get my questions answered by really knowledgeable and helpful people. Many thanks. :)
TW

Wayne
16th August 2007, 08:09 AM
Most of the things you need will be in the official repos if they're FOSS. If not, they'll be in one of the third-party repos such as Livna or Freshrpms. I believe I gave you a link to mjmwired for the MS TTF RPM. Look through the instructions there for setting up Livna for the extra multimedia codecs and stuff that cannot be included in Fedora (if you need them)

Wayne

taiwanmoose
16th August 2007, 08:16 AM
Most of the things you need will be in the official repos if they're FOSS. If not, they'll be in one of the third-party repos such as Livna or Freshrpms. I believe I gave you a link to mjmwired for the MS TTF RPM. Look through the instructions there for setting up Livna for the extra multimedia codecs and stuff that cannot be included in Fedora (if you need them)

Wayne
Thanks for the information. I have already installed the media files. That is when I used yum before. Many thanks. I am not tottaly new to linux, but I am not a super user. I now know how much I still have to learn.. By the way did you see my post about my sony memory card reader here (http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=163720) if you could. I could really use a hand. Thanks
TM