PDA

View Full Version : Comatible mice

andypandy99
9th August 2007, 08:55 PM
Is there any list of mouse that works under Linux or something?

JN4OldSchool
9th August 2007, 08:59 PM
is there any mouse that wont work under linux?

sailor
9th August 2007, 10:09 PM
I use cheap usb mice on my laptop and desktop...and a microsoft mouse on my other desktop...I don't think there is much problem with mice. :)

JN4OldSchool
9th August 2007, 10:18 PM
Andy is having a problem with his USB mouse. He has started a few threads already. I think the advice in the other thread was good in that I would be looking at the USB port. Is USB enabled? Can you use any other device off that port? Mice arent usually a problem at all, a mouse is just a mouse. Of course some function keys may not work....

andypandy99
9th August 2007, 10:20 PM
The problem is how you configure it. Do u use the windows driver with wine? Or how do u start.

ryptyde
9th August 2007, 11:01 PM
I have always just plugged in the usb mouse and had it recognized. I have used several brands Logitech, H-P, Microsoft wireless and they have worked with FC6 and F7.

w5set
9th August 2007, 11:16 PM
"Some" earlier motherboards had USB ports with a less then desirable power output for optical mice..using a rear port on "some" of these boards worked...seems the front auxiliary ports were low on power..ditto for "some" wireless meese's.
Might try a rear port if you have been using the front access ports. ??
Linux (several different distros) has always found and used all of the different mice/meeses I have plugged in.