PDA

View Full Version : Fedora Core 6 on Dell Vostro 200

AngelOfChaos
8th August 2007, 04:32 AM
Hi guys, we're making the switch to Fedora here at work and the boss has asked me to try and get it installed on a Dell Vostro 200 but I'm experiencing some problems.

Once I've booted the CD, I hit enter to install using the graphical interface, it then takes me to the language selection screen and that's where the problems start. Each single keypress is registered twice (possibly because it's a USB keyboard?).

Once I've managed to select local CD-ROM as the installation method, it then begins to ask for drivers.

I really have no idea what I'm doing, being a Windows user primarily so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I apologise if this problem has been posted before, I did a couple of searches but since I have no idea what the problem is, I didn't have much success.

ktsai
26th August 2007, 01:08 AM
I have similar issues. Some suggestion:

-- Change to other USB port.
-- Do not use the SATA port 0.
-- Use "linux all-generic-ide" for installation.

However, I still face other issues. DVD rom cannot be recognized. INstalled from FTP server will be denied bevause it cannot mount them to device loop0. Still try to figure out.

EmpowermentQE
12th September 2007, 01:43 PM
Hi,

we have had the same issue today and tried the boot prompt commands as suggested in other thread, but to no avail.

In order to install FC6, access the DELL BIOS and change the SATA setup from IDE to RAID, save and then restart the box. FC6 will install as normal.

Thanks.