PDA

View Full Version : VNC/freenx

poor_student
3rd August 2007, 02:31 PM
Is it possible to use any keyboard shortcuts in a VNC/freenx session on the host machine? For example, alt+tab switches between desktops on the host machine, but it won't work in a VNC/freenx session. I'm using FC6 on both boxes and enlightenment 16 on both as well.

lazlow
3rd August 2007, 07:38 PM
How would the machine determine if you wanted to alt+tab locally or remotely?

poor_student
3rd August 2007, 09:21 PM
I've heard it's possible to send all keystrokes to a focused window depending on what program opened the window for example. Or just set it up so that some different combination of keystrokes like shift+tab tells the VNC/freenx session to switch a desktop.

lazlow
3rd August 2007, 09:39 PM
The different keystrokes should work, as long as those keystrokes are not already defined locally. I guess my understanding is that any local shortcuts will be "filtered" out before they will be sent to the remote machine.

poor_student
4th August 2007, 05:59 AM
Yeah, thats the problem, all keystrokes are considered to be local, and don't get through to the VNC/freenx session. I just wish there was some way to say, OK, if this window is open, send ALL keystrokes to it without interpreting them locally, unless a specific keystroke is pressed. like ctl+alt+L, or whatever your favorite key combination is. . . any ideas?

lazlow
4th August 2007, 07:42 AM
As far as I know you will have to dig into the wdm you are using to do that.