PDA

View Full Version : useing command line

bchager
1st August 2007, 07:36 PM
I just installed fedora core 6 and wrote a small program to test the compiler how do i invoke the compiler or get a command line. Am in the window mode. Thanks from a very new hat.

linux_paul
1st August 2007, 07:43 PM
Check your Applications menu for Terminal if your using Gnome. I think KDE calls it a konsole.

bchager
1st August 2007, 09:07 PM
what would be a good fedora red hat book for a dumb beginer

bchager
1st August 2007, 10:00 PM
can i install a wireless card in my computer and use it on my wireless network ie internet explorer

linux_paul
2nd August 2007, 11:10 PM
As far as books go, there is a thread started on the subject: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=840518#post840518.

Sorry I don't use wireless, search the forum and you will find help on various wireless setups.

lazlow
2nd August 2007, 11:41 PM
Yes, you can use a wireless card. You will have to search for your particular card.

If you mean to browse the internet you will probably want Firefox instead on internet explorer, it should be installed on your system already. Firefox is available for windows as well.

If you mean your local network,then yes, but how will depend on what and how your network is setup. You should start a new thread for this question.