PDA

View Full Version : video problems

assalane
30th July 2007, 04:25 PM
Hi !
Please I desparately need help. It seems that all my video player can't play video !
for exemple when i launch vlc from the terminal and i try to open a video, It display this error and close the player :
vlc
VLC media player 0.8.6c Janus
X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 140 (XVideo)
Minor opcode of failed request: 19 ()
Serial number of failed request: 85
Current serial number in output stream: 86

What does this mean ? please

leigh123linux
30th July 2007, 05:24 PM
Hi !
Please I desparately need help. It seems that all my video player can't play video !
for exemple when i launch vlc from the terminal and i try to open a video, It display this error and close the player :
vlc

What does this mean ? please

It looks like there is a X or Xv problem, try selecting the opengl driver in VLC

assalane
30th July 2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks for your quick reply.
Well it seems that i just have the "Default" video output module. this could be the problem
How do I get the opengl driver ? I'm quite new in fedora. :D
Thanks

leigh123linux
30th July 2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks for your quick reply.
Well it seems that i just have the "Default" video output module. this could be the problem
How do I get the opengl driver ? I'm quite new in fedora. :D
Thanks

select it from the drop down menu

assalane
30th July 2007, 05:44 PM
But there is no drop down menu for me. maybe it's not installed ?

Hlingler
30th July 2007, 05:50 PM
Hello:

Looks to me like you have to maximize the "Preferences" window or use the horizontal scroll bar to see the drop-down button....

V

leigh123linux
30th July 2007, 05:50 PM
But there is no drop down menu for me. maybe it's not installed ?

Enlarge the window as it is hidden ( the window is to small to display it)

assalane
30th July 2007, 05:56 PM
lol yeah ! noow I look stupid hehe.

but then again it still doesn't work. I'll keep trying others output mode. And yeah I think I have a 3d driver cause I'm using beryl.
In fact when i start a video, i can hear the sound (but no image) before the program shut down. And it happens with all the video player I've installed

assalane
30th July 2007, 06:00 PM
now I've this message when I try to open a video :
[azalou@localhost ~]$ vlc

** (.:26565): CRITICAL **: clearlooks_style_draw_focus: assertion `height >= -1' failed

leigh123linux
30th July 2007, 06:01 PM
what card do you have ?

assalane
30th July 2007, 06:06 PM
it's a Intel® Graphic Media Accelerator 945GM Graphic. a built in one (I have a toshiba A100 laptop).
I really don't understand, because the first time I installed fedora 7 (on the same laptop) it was working.... but now, not even once...

assalane
31st July 2007, 01:38 AM
nobody ? please ? i really don't want to reinstall fedora

Hlingler
31st July 2007, 02:29 AM
Hello:

I do not know what is the best driver for that video card, but you can try to double-check your 3D rendering with:
glxinfo|grep renderIt should return with "direct rendering: Yes". If it says "No", then that may be the problem.

I also suggest that you read this tutorial: http://www.gagme.com/greg/linux/f7-tips.php
It has lots of info on how to set up media players, including VLC, and how/where to get/install all the extra codecs.

If your problem is related to X or Xv or OpenGL, you will have to wait until someone more knowledgeable responds.

Good Luck,
V

assalane
31st July 2007, 03:07 AM
Hello:

I do not know what is the best driver for that video card, but you can try to double-check your 3D rendering with:
glxinfo|grep renderIt should return with "direct rendering: Yes". If it says "No", then that may be the problem.

I also suggest that you read this tutorial: http://www.gagme.com/greg/linux/f7-tips.php
It has lots of info on how to set up media players, including VLC, and how/where to get/install all the extra codecs.

If your problem is related to X or Xv or OpenGL, you will have to wait until someone more knowledgeable responds.

Good Luck,
V

thanks for the link i'll look into it.

assalane
2nd August 2007, 05:05 AM
I found out what the problem was. It seems like my video card dosen't have enough memory. So when I try to run beryl and a video player, the later crash. I guess integrated graphic cards really do suck... well thanks to the one who tried to help me.