PDA

View Full Version : mounting on boot up problem

EvoL1
30th July 2007, 06:09 AM
I am fairly new to linux so I apologize in advance. I have mounted my windows hdd and got it to mount on boot. For some reason now on the boot up info it says mounting file systems failed. Can anyone help me out with this. Thank you in advance.

Sirius7600
30th July 2007, 06:20 AM
I am having this problem as well, I think it was a problem with the ntfs-3g files being outdated for the new kernel, but I could be wrong. If anyone has found a fix, I am sure both of us would be glad to know it.

EvoL1
30th July 2007, 06:22 AM
i was thinkin that it had to do with the new kernel. I heard alot of people are having issues with this new kernel

Max Power
30th July 2007, 08:40 PM
I've been having the same problem since last Thursday or Friday when the latest updates were released. It appears to be an SE Linux issue. Check out this thread for more information:

http://forum.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=161979

nadeem
31st July 2007, 04:31 AM
I have the same problem. I think it happened with the newer version of ntfs-3g. On my laptop I update software on regular basis and few days ago, it started to give me the discussed trouble. On one my desktop, I updated all software except ntfs-3g, and it did not give me the mount trouble at boot up.

On my laptop, I have ntfs-3g 2:1.710-1.fc7.i386, which was released recently (I guess), and does not mount the any of the win partitions at boot time. However, once logged in, the mount command works fine. While, on my desktop, I have ntfs-3g 2:1.516-1.fc7.i386 which mounts the ntfs partitions happily at boot time.

Until, the problem is fixed, how can I revert back to older version on my laptop? help!

Thanks.

vulcan43
31st July 2007, 05:54 PM
I also have this problem, and think it is a problem with ntfs-3g. The best we can hope for is that ntfs-3g is updated again.

nadeem: I do not know how to revert to the last version, but if you want, you can try uninstalling ntfs-3g and reinstalling it from the F7 DVD (It won't be the same as the previous version since it is a bit older, but it should work fine.
NOTE: I have not tried this yet, so I can't affirm that it will indeed work.