PDA

View Full Version : Uninstal

Tokomaru
28th July 2007, 01:10 AM
Hi im new to fedora as it can be plainly seen. So i have one major question how do i uninstal fedora 6. My friend put it on my comp because my brother lost my OS disc when i leant it to him. I now have it back but the only thing is i can't seen to figure out how to take fedora 6 off my comp and starting the comp up on the disc first dos'nt seem to do anything. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Gnafu the Great
28th July 2007, 01:18 AM
Just wipe the drive. If your CD is Windows, boot from it (make sure your BIOS is set to boot from CD), and tell Windows to delete all partitions and install to the now-empty hard drive.

JN4OldSchool
28th July 2007, 01:18 AM
That is because you cant. You now know our secret, you have walked on the dark side. Tux now owns your soul! Your computer will be a Linux machine from now on. Might as well learn Fedora, your windows days are over, over I say Muhahahaha

edit: ah, you had to go and beat me by seconds...

Gnafu the Great
28th July 2007, 01:19 AM
That is because you cant. You now know our secret, you have walked on the dark side. Tux now owns your soul! Your computer will be a Linux machine from now on. Might as well learn Fedora, your windows days are over, over I say Muhahahaha

You're so kind, and here I was going to mislead the poor fellow and tell him lies :p.

Tokomaru
28th July 2007, 01:49 PM
yea thanks i tried that just now when i got home the only problem i have is it says "setup is inspecting your computers hardware configuration" just after it says that I can hear it using the disc and then it stops and the activity light glows and does not blink almost like it's locked up and i can't figure out why healp would b much appreciated thnx XD sry i know this is total diff toppic but its frustrating me XI @_@ thnx again cya

bob
28th July 2007, 01:59 PM
Run dban to clean your drive and it should be fine: http://dban.sourceforge.net/ Another way is to use any partitioner to completely wipe out any partitions which should then allow Windows to install: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

JN4OldSchool
28th July 2007, 04:52 PM
dban is actually the best bet. Just nuke the drive, it will totally wipe it, just like brand new. If you use Windows you might want to google "the ultimate boot cd" pcmagazine is a mirror for it. It has many great tools, including 3 drive sanatizers, I believe dban is one of them.