PDA

View Full Version : Problems with xml-commons-resolver and jpackage-generic

jevidl
27th July 2007, 03:28 PM
I have run into snags while updating my fedora core 6 machine. I have not been able to get yum to update properly unless I exclude jpackage-generic using the following command:

yum --disablerepo=jpackage-generic update

When I do that, I can get all but a few of my updates. When I run yum without excluding that repo, with the following command:

yum update

It will provide me with thte Transaction Summary, and tell me it is going to install 13 packages and update 13 packages, is this OK [y/N]. I select yes, but then I get the following error:

Running Transaction Test
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple same specifications for /usr/lib/vlc/codec/libdmo_plugin.so.
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple same specifications for /usr/lib/vlc/codec/librealaudio_plugin.so.
Finished Transaction Test

Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/bin/xml-resolver from install of xml-commons-resolver11-1.3.03-10jpp conflicts with file from package xml-commons-resolver-1.1-3jpp
file /usr/bin/xml-xparse from install of xml-commons-resolver11-1.3.03-10jpp conflicts with file from package xml-commons-resolver-1.1-3jpp
file /usr/bin/xml-xread from install of xml-commons-resolver11-1.3.03-10jpp conflicts with file from package xml-commons-resolver-1.1-3jpp
file /usr/share/java/xml-commons-resolver.jar from install of xml-commons-resolver11-1.3.03-10jpp conflicts with file from package xml-commons-resolver-1.1-3jpp

Error Summary
-------------

I suspect I am not alone in this problem, but I haven't found a good solution on these forums or on Google other than disable the repo for the time being. I have tried removing xml-commons-resolver, but that wants to drag my openoffice install with it, and I don't have time for that. Any suggestions on how to get past this package problem?

Thanks,

JevidL

Hlingler
27th July 2007, 07:23 PM
Hello:

See the last 2-3 posts here: http://forum.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=161024.

V