PDA

View Full Version : burning isos in F7

notphilip
24th July 2007, 07:07 PM
what is an easy and free program to burn isos in fedora 7?

ryptyde
24th July 2007, 07:18 PM
Everybody well almost everyone will say K3b,but there are several others.

notphilip
24th July 2007, 07:28 PM
is there anything else thats easier to install. i have to install qt and all this other junk just to get that to work

pparks1
24th July 2007, 07:48 PM
Well, i use k3b myself. gnomebaker is another option.

tomcat
24th July 2007, 08:13 PM
Nautilus-burner is enough for burning isos onto CDs/DVDs. For everything else there is gnomebaker, k3b, xcdroast and - of course - the command line. ;)

southpole
24th July 2007, 08:36 PM
Hey notphilip, if you are using the Gnome desktop, I have success with Gnomebaker. It is simple, easy to use and I have had only one coaster come out of it.

PsychoTrauma
24th July 2007, 08:39 PM
The problem with gnomebaker and graveman is they are no longer maintained so they still use the deprecated dev=x,x,x. This causes a error loop that usually will lock up the program.

pparks1
24th July 2007, 09:27 PM
is there anything else thats easier to install. i have to install qt and all this other junk just to get that to work

Are you installing with yum install k3b? If getting and installing the dependencies is the problem...yum does it for you. If you just want a minimal system install....unfortunately this method won't meet your needs.

Dan
24th July 2007, 09:47 PM
Ok! Simple, Fast and Dirty.

It's already installed.

From Gnome, right click the iso file, select "Write to disk," follow the dialog box instructions until the burned ISO pops out of your burner. Couldn't get much easier. <..:D..>

Dan