PDA

View Full Version : Lost ip from wireless

marcelkraan
23rd July 2007, 09:54 PM
we have some wireless stations in the network
als the same ssid but different ip's

ehh :-) i need to find the ip's to configure?

help

Iron_Mike
24th July 2007, 04:43 AM
System ->Administration ->Network

or

cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

and manually edit the ifcfg-eth0 or ifcfg-eth1 file for your wireless

marcelkraan
24th July 2007, 08:52 AM
Sorry i mean the router..
it's somewhere in the network and it's not the default gateway

System ->Administration ->Network

or

cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

and manually edit the ifcfg-eth0 or ifcfg-eth1 file for your wireless

Iron_Mike
24th July 2007, 12:10 PM
You need to know the IP of the routers wireless interface. Once that is determined open the browser and type the IP address in the address bar.....

marcelkraan
31st July 2007, 09:36 AM
huh? yeh i need the IP from the router so i can configure it again
but i don't know this ip and the router(s) is somewhere in the /16
i can try every ip in the browser but this takes a lot of time

You need to know the IP of the routers wireless interface. Once that is determined open the browser and type the IP address in the address bar.....

InKo
31st July 2007, 10:27 AM
1. the best way, you establish a wired connection with the router and login (the most addresses: 192.168.x.1) if it doesnt work then reset the box and try it again. ;)

2. by the way, if you are able to get in into the wireless network (for example by dhcp), just scan the network and you will find your router. if you can not log in there, then the login is permitted -> see above!

3. I think, it is not a good idea to set the same ssid to different wireless access points! :(

marcelkraan
8th August 2007, 08:10 AM
No it's not a good idea but then it works like a range extender
i have take them all offline and changed the static-ip to dhcp so i can find them in the messages log.

thanks for the info

1. the best way, you establish a wired connection with the router and login (the most addresses: 192.168.x.1) if it doesnt work then reset the box and try it again. ;)

2. by the way, if you are able to get in into the wireless network (for example by dhcp), just scan the network and you will find your router. if you can not log in there, then the login is permitted -> see above!

3. I think, it is not a good idea to set the same ssid to different wireless access points! :(