PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Retrieve Software Information on Wireless

newmanium2001
18th July 2007, 12:05 AM
Hi, I've searched the forums but I don't seem to be able to find the answer to my specific question. I'm connected wirelessly via my zd1211b chipset (had to wait for Fedora 7 for that one ...). Connection is just fine.

I can use AIM, email, internet, you name it ... EXCEPT the Software Updater, which is apparently too dumb to realize I'm using a wireless connection now. I even ran a "ifconfig eth0 down" to make sure my ethernet interface was down. I EVEN took down the loopback interface so the only thing up now is the wlan0 and the wmaster. Still, though, the Software Updater thinks I don't have an internet connection.

I'm sure this is a very simple command, but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help me out?

ryptyde
18th July 2007, 02:33 PM
That's a strange one but as you say hopefully a simple solution. Can you use yum or yumex? I have the zd1211b working for my usb wireless adapter and the package updater works. Could it be a SELinux/firewall setting?

newmanium2001
18th July 2007, 10:38 PM
I figured it out after some intensive Googling. It looks like it had something to do with getting my Flash player going with the ndiswrapper (I think that was the name of it?). I had to set some adobe-linux value to 0 instead of 1. Maybe it was a repository issue? I'm not entirely sure what it was, but my updater works now :)

P.S. Installing Flash on the 64-bit edition of Fedora is pretty much completely horrible.