PDA

View Full Version : sorry

ramasees
17th July 2007, 04:05 PM
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=161131

What kind of childist attitude is this one, who told you you can make your own rules and RESERVE posts in a thread. Do not use threads as your playground.....

Closed closed closed closed closed....
the reserve is for f6 and f8 how toos if you didnt want me to help just say and id appreciate if you deleted the thread as i cant keep it p to date and this account

ramasees
17th July 2007, 04:15 PM
hurry up you stupid admin

pparks1
17th July 2007, 04:20 PM
Give them some time to straighten things out. I understand what you were trying to do, but maybe instead of just putting the word reserved, you could have said..

This reserved for F8
This researched for F9

I'm not entirely sure what was so outrageous about your original post...I've seen that here before from other members....but I'm not a mod and don't enforce the rules. But I wouldn't insult the mod team as you might find yourself banned from this forum....and that would be a shame.

ramasees
17th July 2007, 04:29 PM
i dont understand it either i wonder who is childish i can sadly see why this forum has lagged behind ubuntu forum and so reduced fedoras circulation
thats why i did the how too,s for noobs like me so they didnt get fed up in the first 5 min trying to play a movie or something
most people have families and commitments and dont have time to spend to days or whatever searching on how to do basics
thank you for your post

ramasees
17th July 2007, 04:31 PM
he was quick to close it he be be quick to delete it

JN4OldSchool
17th July 2007, 04:35 PM
If I can be objective without hurting anyone's feelings? I think the point is we cant all create these threads and reserve space. It is a noble effort ramasees, but one best left to your own web site or blog. I dont really thing the powers that be want us all creating how-to threads. This would get kind of redundant fast anyway. Again, I see where you are coming from but dont take it out on the administraters for doing their job the best they can.

ramasees
17th July 2007, 04:41 PM
they are not doing there job properly because they should of done the how toos themselves and upkept them and i was just doing what other people do and have done in there help threads so why me and not them, i think its because they are to lazy or cant be bothered as it would actually save them time if they did actually help people as im sure(not that ive seen any real help by admins to lowley users like me) they answer the same questions time and time again

YeOK
17th July 2007, 04:46 PM
It is a good how-to, and now its locked is lost to anyone who needed any help, I do think a kind PM, and deleting of the reserved posts would have done. That's me though, we all have our own ways.

JN4OldSchool
17th July 2007, 04:48 PM
hmm, have you seen this thread:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=140813

There have been discussions about this topic. The fact is there are quite a few Fedora how-to's available out there, and a few in here with Firewings sections and Jims site. Besides, it is a moot point as very few people take the time to even read these threads, they want "personalized" help and insist on posting the same tired old questions again and again. No, this cant be changed on our part, this is just human nature. Just let it go my friend, let it go...

edit: oops, too late :D carry on...

GallComp
17th July 2007, 04:48 PM
hurry up you stupid admin
I'm neither stupid or an admin....

There are ways to create and handle How-to threads, filling 4 consecutive posts with the word Reserved is not one of them.... No one is above the rules of propper conduct in this site, so contributing doesnt give you the right to do whatever you like.

Thank You, very much for your contributions and hope you have a good time in other sites...

ramaseess
17th July 2007, 05:12 PM
yes i will have a good time and i appreciate if you deleted my thread as i see you were so quick to change it to your name i hope you can resolve this without any further childishish behaviour and in a responsible way and i will not bother you any more about this matter
(im not the only one with reseved spaces in threads by the way one tends to copy ones peers)
and i am truelly sorry for offending you so much with the word reserved if id have known i wouldnt of done it and i would of created a different thread for each differnent how toos
and i am sorry to for anyone this has caused problems for truely i am

ps i suppose you will delete this account as well i dont mind and if you dont i promise not to post any threads more threads for how toos etc and not mention this again

GallComp
17th July 2007, 06:32 PM
Yes, people do reserve the first couple spaces in threads and I have nothing against it as long as they have specified a clear reason for it, like stating the character limit per post, or future releases. 23 times you used it in four consecutive posts, that was an abuse and enought reason to close the thread.

I will comply with your request of deleting the thread, but you will not be allowed into the forums again, insulting staff members is not condoned here and for that your new account will also be banned.