PDA

View Full Version : Making A New Sitte

Milk_Man
2nd July 2007, 10:26 PM
Hi,

I've found it a little frustrating because I emailed a week ago the guy from the Wiki to help and get help but i've been unsuccessful. I've been trying to write a site for windows users but I don't Know where to put it. I've tried to setup a web server But I was unsuccessful because I wanted to try some PHP code because I have as much to learn as Linux.

Right Now I just want to make something that won't help just me and I don't know what to do with it....Any Suggestion?

leigh123linux
2nd July 2007, 10:52 PM
Can't the Windows users help ? :rolleyes:

JN4OldSchool
2nd July 2007, 11:04 PM
or the wiki dude...

Milk_Man
2nd July 2007, 11:20 PM
I email max and I didn't get a response...He Looks quite busy with his blog.

Milk_Man
3rd July 2007, 01:05 AM
I had a heck of a time setting up a PHP site because the tutorial did allot of things I didn't care about and it took allot of typing which I'm not good at because of a stroke....a mail server, a DNS Server and Mysql is nice but its not needed right now.......I just a PHP server to try some code....and some of the things I try don't work in windows because I like allot of the C coding....

ShaunRigby
3rd July 2007, 01:21 PM
So, let me get this straight, your on windows and you want to set up a php server without MySQL or anything just a webserver and php?

or are you on a linux box?

Milk_Man
3rd July 2007, 03:08 PM
So, let me get this straight, your on windows and you want to set up a php server without MySQL or anything just a webserver and php?

or are you on a linux box?
:eek:
Ok, let me be specific...I know how I learned windows.......it was just in 1998 because thats when I owned my first computer. When I learned windows it was in almost a militant fashion because I was in college at the time.......Well......I had a job......It was a nightmare.......and I've moved on........

Now I resent Microsoft......I refuse to give them more money for XP or vista.....and they make languages when its convenient........I'm tired of leaning them........and I'm tired of being dictated to......

So Yes, I am on Fedora 7 and I would like a PHP Server because thats what I'm use to (ASP) and I like C++ and thats why I want to learn PHP....and I remember how I learned windows and I'm bathing myself in the same way because it worked.....So I'm trying to make some documentation to see what is out there........and i'll share if someone wants me to.....

Understand?