PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard show panel menu Fedora 7 Gnome

triplemaya
1st July 2007, 01:31 PM
I use the keyboard almost exclusively, and I use the super key to start any app I use, terminal, whatever. I am upgrading from fedrora 6 to fedora 7, and I am used to gnome. The keyboard shortcuts management has completely changed, and does not have a facility to do this - unless I just can't find it, I have stared in disbelief at the little window and explored every option for over an hour! ( aside: to developers - come on guys, if you want people to migrate from windows you have to have the basics in place, and hitting the win key to get things started is *absolutely basic* !!! )
I assume I am now looking at the need to use xmodmap or something like that, but I haven't a clue where to begin. Perhaps I am overlooking the obvious, and this can be done.

If anyone knows the answer I would be very grateful, otherwise I am stuck with fedora 6, or kde - I haven't looked yet, I'm assuming kde is still sane in this regard - or back to windows I suppose.

triplemaya
1st July 2007, 03:04 PM
( kde won't do it, it will only accept super plus another key, which is no use )